A – Theory and Methods Based Projects
- A1 International Conflict Management, A. Gawrich
- International Conflict Management and European Integration amidst the New East-West Conflict. Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, and Moldova – comparative international strategies
- A3 - Language and Minority Policies, M. Wingender
- Language and nationality policies within internationalisation, nationalisation and regionalisation – ethnic conflicts in Ukraine, Russia and other eastern States of the Council of Europe
- Functions of the Base Project
The base project’s work objectives are comparative in nature, although additional thematic cross-sections are included with a focus on Ukraine.
All three partial objectives focus on the substantial themes of conflict constellations (i.e. transnational conflict management, the mediasation of conflicting parties as well as language and minority policies).
LOEWE’s three fundamental disciplines – social sciences, history and linguistics – encapsulate the research field which is supported by three other adaptable interdisciplinary subjects (international law, media and discourse history).
They also serve as theoretical and methodological reference and circulation projects to evaluate conceptual contributions based on their relevance. An intensive exchange of the subproject B case studies will promote an overlying typology.
The exchange will be implemented in a mentoring programme.